Changing lives through cell survival
Based on a molecule found in nature and harnessed by a world-class research team, this anti-aging glycopeptide keeps more cells alive longer. It utilizes the same properties that help animals survive in arctic temperatures, and it has the capability to change regenerative medicine forever.
With AAGP®, health therapies will become more effective, more affordable and more accessible. We will get closer to cures for conditions such as Type 1 diabetes, macular degeneration, heart disease and stroke. More lives will improve, and more people will get the treatments they deserve.
- 2002 Initial public offering
- 2003 First intellectual property (IP) filing
- 2005 Initial application for pipeline research
- 2010 Good Manufacturing Practice processing and toxicology study success
- 2014 IP second filing and Type 1 diabetes islet transplantation study
- 2016 Preclinical validation in Type 1 diabetes and peer reviewed papers
- 2016 IP third filing and induced pluripotent stem cells study for macular degeneration
- 2019 Preclinical validation in macular degeneration
- 2020 Investigational Drugs and Devices approval from the Food and Drug Administration for topical products
- 2020 Large-scale bioproduct validation
- 2020 First licensing agreement for topical products
- 2021 Published phase one clinical results for Type 1 diabetes
- 2021 Orphan disease status approval
- 2021 Initiate phase one clinical trial for macular degeneration
- 2022 Initiate phase two clinical trial for Type 1 diabetes
- 2022 Milestone partnership agreement for biological biosimilar production
We are moving cell survival forward by addressing the health conditions that affect our lives. See where we are today and where we are heading next.
The leaders at ProtoKinetix have a clear vision for the future of the company and for the future of regenerative medicine. Learn more about their backgrounds.